Cockroaches are the most common pests you will find in any household. They can eat, live and multiply in your home without your knowledge. Even though they cannot bite, they can still cause health problems like allergies and asthmatic symptoms. If you find a roach in your house and want to avoid an infestation, hire experts in pest control in Honolulu from Able Pest Management to curb the infestation. Read more to see how roaches find their way to your home, how to identify signs of a cockroach infestation, and why you need experts to control the pests.
How Cockroaches Get Into Homes Around The Holidays
When you come across cockroaches in your home, you might wonder how they got there in the first place. Cockroaches are notorious for hitching rides on bags, boxes, luggage, and furniture. They are also experts in moving to neighboring houses through the connecting pipes which run across a common wall that two houses share. Additionally, American cockroaches will make their way in and out of your home through the sewer and drainpipes.
Warning Signs Of A Cockroach Infestation
Below are indicators you should look for to determine if there is a cockroach infestation on your property:
- Shed skin: A cockroach nymph grows periodically by shedding its skin to accommodate growth. Check for shed skins in drawers and behind electrical appliances.
- Live cockroaches: Most roaches prefer to feed and live in the dark, so coming across one during the day means you have an ongoing infestation.
- Droppings: Visible evidence of small and black cockroach droppings.
- Cockroach eggs: Noticing pill-shaped brown or black capsules in areas where you suspect they are nesting.
- Unusual odor: Roaches can have a musty, oily smell which they use to communicate with each other. A strong smell in their hiding grounds is a sign of an infestation.
- Smear marks: When there is plenty of water, cockroaches leave brown smear marks on the walls and floor of your home.
If you notice a combination of these signs in your Honolulu home, you need to take action fast by contacting roach pest control experts from Able Pest Management.
What To Do If You Have Cockroaches In Your Home
When you see roaches around your home, you must know how to approach the removal process to ensure all roaches are gone. Avoid immediately going for a spray to kill the roach in front of you. Instead, choose to find a more permanent solution that can remove these annoying nightcrawlers from your home. So, contact Able Pest Management if you want to know how to get rid of cockroaches.
Call The Professionals At The First Sign Of Roaches In Your Home
Dealing with a cockroach infestation can be tiring. If you identify an infestation on your property, contact home pest control experts immediately. Whether it is a dead or live cockroach, please do not make assumptions; get in touch with a pest control company to conduct a thorough inspection of your home and deliver a tailored roach solution. Since roaches can trigger breathing problems and contaminate food, it is best to get in touch with Able Pest Management for effective and safe treatments.
Cockroaches are the most common household pests that find their way to your home through luggage and even sewer and drainage pipes. They do not cause physical harm, but their presence in your Honolulu house will trigger health complications like allergies. If you want to know how to get rid of cockroaches in Honolulu, contact Able Pest Management to remove these pests from your home effectively.